Wednesday, January 2, 2013

01/02/13

So, I'll be completely honest... I love being loved!  I mean, who doesn't?  Who doesn't like the little extra special touches that the people in your life can add to make you feel extra special.  Whether it's a friend, family member, co-worker, significant other, or random stranger, when someone goes out of their way to do nice things, it's always makes your day.  Don't lie... you know it does.

Not to be snotty or anything, but I like being that person who adds those special touches. I like to make people happy and surprise them.  It makes me feel good knowing that I can do something nice for someone.  I like baking special treats for their birthdays.  I like remembering and bringing to light those little inside jokey moments in a creative way...  It just shows that I pay attention and care about the little things that make up personalities of the people around me.

Well, today... I got to be pleasantly surprised.  My co-worker and good friend, Donna (who I also refer to as my Work Momma), took care of me today.  A while back she brought in this beautiful fabric.  She had bought it to make some things for her daughter-in-law for Christmas.  I absolutely adored the colors and pattern.  Well, it turns out that she had some left.  She made me two beautiful pillows...

Don't you love that fabric??  She added her signature flowers!  Totally beautiful and amazing, just like Donna is!  I love that woman.  She said it bugged her this year that she was not my Secret Santa and she still wanted to do something for me.  I'm so glad she did!
 



2 comments:

  1. Aww so sweet! You are amazing and do make my life special. love ya! Cant imagine not having you in my life :) you rock! love, KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel about my crafts like you do about your baking. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete