Friday, January 18, 2013

01/18/13


I'm ready to go back to work because I miss people, not because I miss work.  I think I didn't go crazy any sooner is because I spent Tuesday and Wednesday with a regular schedule of pain pills and sleeping.  Thursday was my completely coherent day.  Maybe today, if I hadn't gotten a taste of freedom, I would have been content at hermitage the rest of the weekend.

I had my follow up doctor appointment today - lasers did what they were supposed to do, according to the ultrasound results of my legs, and the tech and doctors review of the results.  I have the most soreness in my inner thigh - which will be normal the way the veins branch out and the process in which they will "die out," so to speak.  They will follow up to see how my left leg looks the day of my right leg procedure - Yep, I get to do all this again on Jan 29th.

After my appointment I made a few stops.  I went to Hobby Lobby - ribbon was still on sale at 50% off.  I had a return to make at JoAnn's.  I went to the Liquor Barn - I was looking for this:


but I don't actually think it's a real thing, at least in these parts.  I went to Trader Joe's for some salsa I like from there. I browsed a few minutes at World Market - I want ALL THE MONEY to buy ALL THE THINGS from there.  After that, I was exhausted.

I got home and sat around for a little while - I decided I was achy, but I wanted more freedom.  I was going to go to the Dollar Tree, then take myself on a Forever Alone date to see "Silver Linings Playbook."  I made it to Dollar Tree - that's it.  My leg hurt.  I just did too much today.  Soon, I'll take a pain pill (I assure you, there is nothing to worry about - I take them as prescribed and I haven't had one in since Wednesday), an Aleve, turn the TV on and drift off to sleep about 30 minutes after I do the other stuff first.


Best thing about today - I got to take off my not so sexy thigh high compression stocking and take a real shower!  Best shower ever!
2nd best thing about today - At the gas station, I was getting coffee.  When I looked up at the donuts, there were like 3 cops standing at the donut stand, 1 of them shoving donuts into a bag...Always a hilarious stereotype.
Worst thing about today - My current mood.  I'm a bit sad bastardy because I kind of want people around and its too late for that and I really wanted to see that movie, but I didn't have the stamina.

But I'm going to go to bed soon so I'll sleep it off.  It doesn't really matter anyway. And tomorrow is another day - and I have to go out into public again anyway.  With my mom, to a lapband surgery seminar - to be supportive since I've been through all that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment