Monday, January 14, 2013

01/14/13

ELVA - Endovenous Laser Ablation

I was going to have this done back in the summer of 2010, but I lost my health insurance. Since then, the discomfort and appearance of my varicose veins not subsided, actually much worse depending on the day. After I started exercising more regularly in the past year, I've felt increased discomfort. It's not really a pain... It's and annoying, achy, trobbing discomfort that goes on for hours after physical activity. I decided I needed to rethink having the procedure done back in early Fall 2012.

And yes, I also mentioned appearance also. 70% discomfort, 30% vanity. I am not above the vanity part. I want to wear shorts again in the summertime. I kinda like my calves. Weird, but they don't look bad - except for my veins. I want to wear a swimsuit, without feeling like I need to keep my thighs completely covered. I don't want to feel self-conscious about my legs, that no one else probably cares about.

I've had my appointments scheduled since my doctor visit in the fall. My health insurance isn't great, but I need to get this done. Tomorrow is the day for leg #1. My left leg is by far the worse of the two. I can't wait for the veins to disappear. Leg #2, it comes two weeks later.

No vigorous activities for the next month, pretty much. I'll have to be more religious about wearing my compression hosiery....sexy times, yo! Hahaha!

I just want to, physically and mentally, feel better. That's the bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment