Tuesday, January 22, 2013

01/22/13


Apparently it was October-ish 2012 when I thought I'd try my hands at writing a bit of a short story...  I started, but it's not done.  It feels a bit cheesy.   At the same time, I still like the opening.  It's sweet.

Also, one time I was asked, "Have you ever considered a career in erotica?"  I'm not sure if said person was being 100% serious, but I like to think so.  So what I consider sweet in the opening paragraphs start to go off in a naughtier direction (but still in a sweet, gentle way).  However, I'm going to keep that part to me though...a release of my imagination - if I so choose to finish this.  I never really got all the way to that part.  I lost my mojo, I suppose.  Anyway... here's a start...


“A warm, sunny day this time of year is too good to waste indoors,” she says while he locks the door.  He was not too keen on going to “the country” for the day, but he had to admit her suggestion in spending, what would probably be, the last nice Indian Summer day together was a good one.  She stepped down off the bottom step, while he pushed the storm door tightly shut.  As he turned around, he caught a glimpse of her floral sundress moving in the breeze, knowing she wore it to drive him crazy.  It was feminine and demure; a side that she usually does not reveal.  There were so many dimensions to this one.  With her, he never knew what he was going to get, and that excited him. The reality of it is that life could be bland, at times. She brought out a certain undeniable energy in him that made him feel confused, but alive.  She throws her keys to him, and walks to the passenger side.  “You’re driving.”
He opened her door; she smoothed the backside of her dress and slide into the passenger side. He secured the door behind her. His gentlemanliness made her smile and feel special, like she as the only one who mattered, at least for this moment.  He entered the car, adjusted the mirror, and then drove down the street for their day getaway together.  She reached out for his hand; he gave it to her......

2 comments: