Tuesday, January 1, 2013

01/01/13

I always say that I'm going to start blogging, but then I never really feel as if I have anything to say. Or sometimes, I may have lots to say but some things are better left unsaid...at least in a public forum. I mean, I guess this isn't something I have to do every day, nor does it have to be profound. So, we'll just start with what I did today.

I started off the new year by coming home, drinking some coffee, and watching a little Beavis and Butthead Netflix. Eventually, I stepped on the scale - realizing that I've kept off about 32 pounds this year. I'd like to try to take off another 50 to that by the end of 2013. I played around with some Wii exercises. I listened to some "New Year's" songs - Death Cab for Cutie's, The New Year. I came across an ABBA New Year's song, which I laughed at, listened to, and sent to a friend. I went to my grandma's for a traditional New Years Day feast - cabbage, black eye peas, etc... it hasn't brought me luck yet, but I still do it. I ended the day with teary cryface times while watching Les Miserables. It's probably the closet thing to a religious experience I've felt in a long time...sad, but true.

I guess that about sums it up.

1 comment:

  1. Treasure those moments of black-eye peas and cabbage traditions with your grandma. They are priceless. Miss my grandmas so much.
    KC

    ReplyDelete